Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day One Blog One

Hola Amigos that is from Maja! She is in Spanish this quarter but mostly they watch movies in English. I guess part of Zorro was in Spanish.

Today we--Maja and I--created this blog and we have absolutely NO IDEA what to write. Let's see, news from here--gas was $2.999; last night must have been a full moon because it was so bright outside when I got up at 5:30. It turned out to be a gorgeous, crisp fall day. Good thing too because we had to be outside for half of Cub Scouts. The kids have tomorrow and Friday off from school and I am jealous! I have to work.

I am on this fitness kick thanks to the course I am taking "Basic Exercise Prescription." So, today since we have moved into the strength training section, I added weight machines to my routine. That was after walking 18 minutes, jogging 32, doing the arm bike for 10 minutes, and stretching. At lunch I met a friend and we walked for almost an hour. I am too old for this. I'm beat.

But back to this blog. I created it so I could make comments on the blogs of my 3 awesome sisters. I have to admit that originally I thought that blogging was silliness and FaceBook was really a waste of time. But since I got a FaceBook account because of a professional online magazine, I have found friends and acquaintances I haven't heard from in years. That has been fun. Of course, I also waste time playing the word games. On Sunday we played Boggle at home and well I just REALLY kicked butt. That didn't go over too well with Cary, my husband. Anyway, from FaceBook, I found my sisters' blogs. Now I know more about them and their families. So, maybe this isn't such a bad thing and maybe I should quit being an old fogey.

Maja wants some dessert but won't make any. I guess she doesn't want any very badly!

5 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Yeah yeah yeah! You've joined us! I saw that you were following me and I so now I'm following you!

Ryanne said...

Welcome my awesome sister! Glad you could join us in the blogging world. I think your post is great. I love you and glad you are my sister!

KeiserKids said...

welcome i post sometimes too cody

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sis, I think you are following the wrong barretts.... megs blog is here: http://krzymegsfamily.blogspot.com/
Also for got to welcome you to the blogging world! :)

rochelle said...

Isn't it great how friends and family just start popping out of the woodwork? I have to admit that I love FB and am now blogging. It's an awesome way to keep in touch!